You probably have already set your goals for the new year. If these do not already contain SEO for your website, we have gathered some tips for you that will crank up your website.
It is likely that one of the first steps of your SEO program was a technical audit of your website, at which you found all SEO problems and fixed them. Ever since, you might have deleted, added or modified pages and images. Therefore you should review your website.
With these steps you will bring your website back in line:
- Screaming Frog: Crawl your website with this tool to find errors, redirects, duplicate URLs and missing tags.
- Google Webmaster Tools: This tool will identify problems with the webserver, robots file and sitemap.
At the beginning of the year, it is easy to get caught up in the big picture and overlook minor things.
Title tags, meta description and ALT tags are probably not on the top of your to do list, but you really should not forget them. With Screaming Frog, you can easily and quickly check on these tags and correct them in your CMS.
Revise Your Business Listings
Did your company move last year? Do you have new employees? Were there any other significant changes? If you can answer any of these questions with “yes”, you should make sure that your web presence reflects these changes.
Of course, you should start on your on website and check the contact information. Do not forget to update your details in your social network profiles as well.
Brief Competitive Analysis
To have a lead on your competitors you should have a look at them. With these steps you can quickly update an existing competitive analysis:
1. Links: With a link checking tool (e.g. Open Site Explorer or Ahrefs), you can see which links were acquired by your competitors. This will help you understand their link building strategy and give you insights for your own strategy.
2. Ideas for content: Use these tools to identify content that has been shared a lot and therefore is interesting to your audience. As a result you get a list of topics that might be covered on your website.
3. Strategy development: Analyze your competitors regarding their business strategy. This allows you to better understand the industry and react more quickly.
With these tips you can make sure that your website is sustainably improved. If you have any questions regarding these advices or any other SEO related topic, please write me an e-mail.